By Rita : PETS RUINED EVERYTHING, well not everything, I always wanted my own pet when I was young. Once I had a family pet, it’s was cat and we named him Dobi. I was so young at that time that I don’t know how to love a pet. I have a love/hate relationship with him. I often bullied and tortured him, the worst thing I did (that I vaguely remembered) was I threw a small knife at him that he bleed. Seriously I don’t know why?? I blamed my age and mind cause I was 5 at that time. Although I did mean things to him, he always came back. Dobi never hurt me, he always accepted me and love me, he was a very good and pretty Persian cat.
He have long gone and left us countless fond memories, buried him behind our family backyard. Now as I grew older, I can say that I’m a changed person at least towards animal treatment (seriously I am). Like I said I always wanted pet and to think again… hmm.. I can’t even take a good care of myself, how can I take responsibility taking care another life. So I put it off. Until one fateful day when i’m leaving my mum’s place heading to my place, I saw a really little (infant) kitten crying loudly. I do not have the heart leaving it there, so.. little.. so fragile, that’s when I decided to take it home with a plan taking care of it until it big enough to care of itself. Later my mum saw me leaving and gave me a BIG surprise. There’s actually 2 of them, a pair, a male and a female (motherless) they just looked so little and dirty i’m sure if i leave them there they will die in just few hours, so we took them in.
They’re 4 1/2 months old now, they grew so fast, I’m not sure if they’re kittens anymore. From little helpless kittens they grew bigger everyday running with each other around the house, climbing on every possible furniture, scratching and ruining my sofa. That’s the reason PETS’ RUINED EVERYTHING!! Come to think about it, pets’ are a liability.
1) They’re high maintenance, some can be very costly – food, Vet & Meds, grooming products, poo place, playthings, etc
2) Time consuming – most pets’ needed to be trained, how to poo properly, how not to ruin your furniture, etc.
3) Even with constant training they will keep on ruining the furniture – scratching your sofa and carpets is one of the risk you have to face having a cat.
4) Dirty house – since having cats my house is always a mess, no matter how often I cleaned they’ll always find way to messed it up again.
5) Loosing my freedom (almost) – having cat it’s like having a child, you have to feed, play and clean. In another word to keep them alive so you have to be around most of the time. If I need to be on vacation lukily I have a very reliable roomies or I can asked my mum or else you have to send them to the pets hotel which could cost a bomb.
Don’t get me wrong, I do loves my cats deeply if Arch and Bub could read this they probaby sulk, but the point is having pets is such a BIG responsibility, I could say that having them as a part of my life has made me a better and a loving person. A BIG THANK TO CARY, SHIRA, AND HER SIS SALIMAH, that has been taking care of them while I am not around. This was supposed to be a temporary thing, but now looking at them growing happily, I dont have a heart to leave them back on the street. I love them dearly, we love them so much even though they ruined the furniture, messing the house while Archie loves sucking our whichever part of our body he can find. Bub is learning to do is as well.
Archie and Bubble always waiting for us by the door when we came back from work. I always have them love and snuggle with. I don’t think I can give up, even if my mom always nag’s me not to have them (for the sake shelf life of my furniture).