The Journey Begins.

Excuse me for not blogging in awhile.  I don’t  know if people would actually follow my updates, but I guess blogging is more towards sharing experiences and for self benefit, sort of like a personal diary for others to read freely. I’m on a month break from work, and the long waited journey begin. My vacation to New Zealand with a quick stop to see Australia.

The Departure..

When I left home, my apartment was a huge chaos and a mess, as my house tiles were broken due to faulty construction when the house was build. Dust is everywhere while my living room furniture is all over the place. It made me heart felt to leave home in such condition but I had to go anyways.

So i’m all packed up 23kg. 3/4 of the stuff in the luggage is not mine. Well you now how Asian travel, we travel with our home and our relatives gifts and foodies. I wouldn’t mind the carrying just that I get a little stressed out with the baggage excess. This is the first time i’m traveling on my own. Alone for a month. It’s different. It’s adventurous?? I’m a budgeted traveler. Rita and Shereena sent me off the airport. My flight was at 9.45pm, boarding at 8.45pm and 8.25pm is the last call for luggage check in. With the crazy idea that I wanted to visit One Utama for the last time having my favorite last meal and also to buy Garetts Popcorn for my cousin and nephew. Rita even got Marc an adorable Dino Stuffed toy. Once all shopping done, we left at about 6.40pm and to my shock the traffic had already started all the way from home to USJ area. I was driving on the fast lane that was barely moving. Right after Shah Alam I had no choice but to use the emergency lane. God was I praying and finger crossed all the way that I wouldn’t missed my flight. Cause if I do, then I will miss my flight from Gold Coast to Auckland too. That would be the biggest mistake would caused me spending another flight ticket. I’ve learned my lesson in a hard terrifying  way. I drove at time of 160km/h and avoided a cone that flew off from the other side of the road. Damn was I that good. When I arrived LCCT it was 8.25pm. I was damned. The only worries me is that my luggage now. If I can’t be able to check that in, how the hell am I to bring this to NZ. After saying my goodbyes to Shereena, Rita and I ran to check in the bag hopefully luck is on my side. Good thing it did. The check in closed however the attendant allow me to do so. I was so relieved. Said my goodbyes to Rita and off I go on board. Texted and called a couple of people saying my misses and off I go.


In the airplane things went ok. Some family got in the wrong seat and they have two sons with them. One of them is called George cause I heard her mum calling him. He wanted to sit next to the window but it’s mine. So MOVE!! I sat on my assigned seat, got laid back, watched the series on my iPad and feeling hungry. After long waited hours, it finally arrived. First meal was Green Curry Chicken. It was surprisingly good.


Green Curry Chicken


Chicken Teriyaki .. Not good..

I couldn’t sleep well on the plane that fact that George kept kicking me when he was sleeping and me thinking of stuff back home. The things, the people, my food, my cats that i’ll miss. What a sissy. George was kicking me several times and his mom kept being apologetic at me. I guess I don’t really mind until someone farted and this is the big one. The one that stink!! Damn the smell went to my brain. I wonder if it is George. It’s definitely George. Why?? is Malaysian food that bad?? lol.. Woke up to a sunrise is beautiful when you’re on the plane. Until it got straight through my cornea. Look away!! Being all touristy I took a couple of pictures of the huge land of Australia. Lots of naked land. Also it’s voting day in Australia.


IMG_4944Frost bite..


Gold Coast Baby!!

It’s 7.30am. What excites me was the weather in Australia. Many people say great things about it. Got of the plane with the staircase and there it is, the wind blew it through my face. It is so refreshing. So cooling. I love it already. Get my passport stamped, all clear, then another verification by the immigration with the white card that I’m about to declare. SERIOUSLY declare any shit crap that you’re bringing in Australia. Even the souvenirs!! Waited for my bag and I got a little worried due to the mishap with the luggage “adventure”. Finally.. “Mon Bag!! Mon Bag!!” (only if you watch Orange is the New Black you would understand). More inspection. Good thing that I don’t need to open up my bag. The middle age man look like he’s about to retire let me passed through the X-ray and asked me what’s in it. “Mostly dried stuff”. He said “OK have a good one”. And clear. How awesome.

Waited for Mary to picked me up for “breakie” and meet Raphael. He’s so talkative and adorable and being a boy. Had breakfast at Bellakai by the Coolangatta Beach along Marine Parade Road and it was a treat for my arrival to Gold Coast. And of course I need coffee. Latte and bacon with eggs. Real bacon not the fake bacon. Portion is huge but I managed to finished it. That meal lasted me awhile. Chatted with Mary while Raphael showed me what is fork, knife, salt and pepper. Right after breakfast we need to burn the calories by walking by the what!! The beach. The wave is beautiful, there’s surfer, kite surfing, wake boarding, kite flying, rollerblading, cycling, barbecuing, kids at the playground, it’s a beautiful Saturday morning. I love the wind that I wouldn’t need a jacket. It’s 17 degrees out with the wind of 32km/h windy and sunny day. Played with Raphael on the slide. I took a chance to slide down too. Suddenly Mary found out some spots on Raphael and worried that it could be some infection that has been going on and decided to bring him to the clinic. Mary suggest me to wait in the airport afraid I would miss my flight to Auckland. I agreed. Luggage check in is not for another 2 hours but luckily they let me go through. So I’m freely to walk around the tiniest airport. Got a cuppa, texting and FB. Cause internet is FREE.. As I am typing right now. I choose to sit by the auto sensor door. Cause I just love the wind. Hoping people to keep walking through that door.


Coolgatta Beach



Meet the handsome Raphael


My gorgeous Latte


Big Breakie


That’s me!!


Play time..

Love the breach and the wave..



Mustang Sally..


Some turtle art.



The main destination finally arrived. Touchdown Auckland at 7.30pm. Got a bottle of Baileys Biscotti and Cockburn Wine at the duty free store. It’s cheap 2 bottles for $69. So as usual I had to go through the immigration after being questioned. This time my bag was opened. Explained all the stuff that I have and i’m all clear and good to go. Shortly after that I get to see the familiar faces of Mellissa and Marc. Marc was hesitating at first to hold my hand or hugged me maybe cause he was unsure who I was. Once we’re out of the airport  I was greeted by the effing cold weather and rain!! It wan’t heavy rain but the kind of rain that will make you wet. After the long drive home which Mellissa and Melvyn got lost finally we got home. Once home I did a show and tell to Mellissa and Melvyn but Marc had to go to sleep. It is his regular bedtime. There are stuff like kerepek ikan and all the local products from home while Melvyn opened the Biscotti Baileys and it tasted awesome. After the long awaited warm shower I went straight to bed. And it was the best sleep that I had since back home.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s